You can link your Aadhaar number with PAN in any of the two ways:
- Using the SMS facility
- Using facility on e-Filing portal https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
You can link your PAN with Aadhaar by the following process:
- First, visit the Income Tax e-filing portal https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/bl-link-aadhaar
- Next, register on it (if not already done).
Note: Your PAN (Permanent Account Number) will be your user ID.
- After that, log in by entering the User ID, password and date of birth.
- A pop-up window will appear, prompting you to link your PAN with Aadhaar. If not, go to ‘Profile Settings’ on the Menu bar and click on ‘Link Aadhaar’.
- Details such as name date of birth and gender will already be mentioned as per the PAN details.
- Verify the PAN details on the screen with the ones mentioned on your Aadhaar.
Note: If there is a mismatch, you need to get the same corrected in either of the documents.
- If the details match, enter your Aadhaar number and click on the “link now” button.
A pop-up message will inform you that your Aadhaar has been successfully linked to your PAN
How to link Aadhaar card to PAN card via SMS
You can link your Aadhaar with PAN via an SMS.
- You will need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161
- In the text message, you need to type, ‘UIDAI PAN (12digit Aadhaar number) space (10-digit PAN Number)‘
- Finally, tap on send.
However, you can check your PAN Aadhaar link online status by visiting the income tax e-filing website https://eportal.incometax.gov.in/iec/foservices/#/pre-login/link-aadhaar-status
In case, if you are already filing tax returns, chances are there that your PAN is already linked with Aadhaar. If you haven’t done it, then you need to link.